Monday, November 15, 2010

Bittersweet Dream

This might be a little more melancholy than my normal posts, but to stay true to the purpose of this blog, I am going to write out my dream from last night.

First, it must begin with some history.  I had this friend in high school, who meant the world to me.  He walked me to my classes every day, talked to me and listened to me about the deepest feelings I was having.  He lifted me up when I was feeling down and I tried to do the same for him.  He was such a caring and outgoing guy, very popular and loved by just about everyone.  One night, though, he got a gun and took his life.  That same night I was having a dream about him that we were saving each other from the  government because they were raising us like cattle to be eaten. He was saving me the night he killed himself. After that night, I would have dreams of him for months.  And still, years later, I sometime will have another dream.  I love them now, though, because it gives me back time that I can't ever have with my friend.

So here is my dream from last night:

It starts with a room.  I am at something that seems like a high school reunion, and we are all chatting and catching up with each other's lives.  As I go through and talk to my friends of the past, I see him.  He is standing there with Hunter Pryor and I am so thrilled to see them both because they meant so much to me in high school.  But as I walk towards him, I remember that he died long ago.  I am confused as to how he is here, but when he sees me he runs up and gives me the biggest hug I have ever gotten.  But, because I know he is really dead, I start crying in his arms.  He tries to console me and tell me that he is alive and holding me and he isn't dead, which is when I realize this must be a dream. I also had a strange feeling like Hunter had died also in reality, but I am hoping that isn't the case. We catch up with him and talk and laugh, and it was beautiful.  But I knew it was a dream.

Then, the dream switched to us three and 4 other girls going into our school building.  I guess we were supposed to continue the reunion there.  It was dark outside and very quiet.  When we entered the front door, a lady greeted us and said, "Come on inside, but hide quickly.  There is a shooter running around in here and we are on lockdown."  No lights are on in the building minus the safety lights that would come in in blackouts.  We run and try to find places to hide, there is blood on the ground from others that had been shot, and every now and then a dead body.  

We had all split up, and now I am in what looks to be an abandoned choir room and a laundry room and a storage room all in one.  I am with my friend, Bethany (from college, not high school) and we are trying to find a place to hide.  The door to the room does not shut, but there is a storage area in the back of the room with a lot of debris and saloon type doors separating it from the rest of the room.  We try to get back there as quietly as possible, all the while feeling like the shooter is about to come upon our door.  The saloon doors aren't shutting all the way and we are now trapped.  Just as I think we are doomed and that the shooter is getting closer and closer, my friend runs in and jumps into the debris and shuts the doors and figures out how to lock them.  He came and made us safe, and he hugged me and told me it would be alright.  But I kept trying to tell him that I knew this was a dream, because he died a long time ago.  

Then the dream switches once again.  I am now at one of my three older sister's houses with her two year old, Zoe.  My friend is with me and it is another one of my sister's wedding days.  We are all getting ready to go, but then my sister tells me I have to stay behind and babysit Zoe, and that I must miss the wedding.  I am highly upset, but I have no choice.  So I am watching Zoe, and for some reason she is being horrible to me.  We are having to drive somewhere, and she just would not behave herself.  I must have been driving us back to the apartment, because when I parked, that's where we were, But Zoe kept saying how she hated me and wanted to kill me and would not mind me, and I am just having to hold her arms and drag her back to the apartment.  She seems more like a five year old than a two year old.  I tell her that my sister is going to spank her when she gets home, but Zoe just says that my sister would take her side and would give in and not spank her at all.  I knew this to be false, but I was still frustrated.  When I get in the apartment, my friend is there.  Zoe runs up to him and her whole attitude has changed. She is now the adorable and lovable two year old again, and he just holds her up and plays with her.  He had come to help me.  Then, he takes us to see the very end of my sister's wedding/reception, which happened to be in the ugly old fellowship hall of our church.  And there was something about Walmart thrown in there.  But we got to see the end, and Zoe went back to her mom and my friend hugged me again.  At that point, I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment