Friday, March 4, 2011

Pool of fish

I have this odd love for fish.  I am fascinated with their beautiful colors and everything about them.  Some day I would like to like in an aquarium.  Or maybe be a janitor in one or something so I could see them everyday for free.  But until then, I have two aquariums in my room, one with a goldfish and the other with a bunch of mating fish.

Anyways, that is all to begin my dream so that it can be understood a little better.

My dream starts out with the mating fish.  They were getting overcrowded in the tank, and they were mutating and becoming other exotic fish.  There was a big storm and the rain flooded part of our backyard. It was a huge pond-like puddle, so I began to put some fish in that.  After a while, there were tons of beautiful fish in the pond-puddle, and one large catfish that looked more like a shark.  But they continued to mate and the pond sparkled with their colors.

Then my dad came out with fencing.  He had decided to redo the backyard and was going to put up a fence.  He told me we would be draining the pond-puddle because he wanted the fence to go through it.  I asked him if we could go around it, but he said no and that the fence was to split the yard.

Naturally, I was horrified and trying to figure out a way to save the innocent fish.  I guess my dad felt sorry for me, so he put up one of those pop-up pools that we had when I was a kid and filled it up with water for me to put the fish in.  But all I had to catch them with was a coffee cup.  This was a painstaking process and the water seemed to be draining way to fast.  so I would take water from the pool and put it on a puddle of mud to expose the fish and catch them all.  The catfish seemed ominous to catch, too.

Then the dream switched and the sides of the pool were transparent.  You could see all the fish and it was beautiful.  The pool was then in the middle of a place that was apparently where I lived, which is exactly how I hoped it would look.

And then the dream switched again.  I was now at a camp with a girl I haven't seen in years, but we grew up together at my old church.  This camp was a camp I went to when I was a child and helped out at some summers in high school.  I was helping out this time, and so was my friend.  However, it was way late at night and we and a group of people had snuck out to go to a patch of woods.  In this patch of woods was the same pool from earlier, but without the fish.  We were swimming and having fun until police officers came to arrest us for being up past curfew.  We all jumped out and everyone ran super fast except me.  So I hid in this little patch of bushes thanking God for my smallness.  But through this patch I could see them destroying my pool and I was sad and frightened.

And then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment